Monday, November 24, 2008

Gift Card Holder



Today's Try A New Technique Challenge on SCS was to make this adorable gift card holder! The tutorial is found here: http://heroarts.com/blogs/club/2008/10/29/watch-it-wednesday-mini-card-with-a-surprise/

For my card I used some patterned paper from the Ski Slope DSP from Stampin' Up, Baja Breeze, and Whisper White. The stamp set is called Snow Swirled, also from SU. I stamped my tree with VersaMark, and heat embossed with silver embossing powder. I added the little pearls to the centers of the snowflakes on the tree, and a bow to the top. The snowflakes were punched with a Martha Stewart punch and I added Icicle Stickles to the tips. I used rectangle Nestabilities to cut out the image and add the scalloped frame. Inside I cut 2 panels out of white cs sized 3.75"x3.75" and stamped my sentiment. The other side can be used to write a little note : ) I used my 1 1/4" circle punch and a slightly larger circle Nestability to layer my circles and the SU Scalloped Circle Punch to create my little flap. Another snowflake was added to the center. Hope you like it, and thanks for stopping by!

Kerri

3 comments:

Michelle said...

You changed your blog them - this is very warm; like it.

This card is so fancy for a gift card holder! I like the edging you have on the front of the card too. You always nail every little last detail. So pretty - good job with this.

Michelle said...

*them - should be theme; I hate typos...LOL

Kerri said...

Thanks Michelle! Yes, I played around with the templates last night, and I liked this one the best : ) Thanks for looking!

Follow Us @soratemplates