Friday, August 27, 2010

Thinking of You


Hello!  When I was at my parent's house last weekend, my mom let me stamp a couple of her Belles 'n Whistles images, and I was itching to color one up:)  I decided to make a card for this week's Belles 'n Whistles Challenge which is an open theme.  I used this adorable image called Tea Time, and paired her with some fun Cosmo Cricket Togetherness dp.  The ribbon is some Yellow Stripe Grosgrain from Really Reasonable Ribbon, and the layout is from this week's Sketch Saturday sketch. 

Well, it's only the first week of school, and illness has already struck!  My oldest was sent home today with vomiting and diarrhea, and my daughter is completely congested and can't breathe!  That's definitely the downside of school starting again.  We stay so healthy all summer!  Oh well.  Hope you have a wonderful, HEALTHY weekend:)

Kerri
Recipe:
Stamps:  Belles 'n Whistles Tea Time, Verve Circular Sayings
Paper:  Pure Poppy (PTI) Cosmo Cricket Togetherness dp
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, PTI Aqua Mist for sponging
Accessories:  EK Success Retro Flower Punches, SU 5 Petal Flower Punch, Kaisercraft Pearls, Circle, Scalloped Circle, and Large Scalloped Circle Nestabilities, Dimensionals, Sewing Machine, RRR Ribbon

21 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

Sylvia Blum said...

ohhhhhh... this is sooo beautiful!!! LOVE your coloring.. it's fantastic, as always. I also love your choice of design papers and the paper flowers you made out of the different papers. Fab card!

Sending get well wishes for your children! Hope you are all feeling well again, soon!!!

{hugs}Sylvia

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling card!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, adorable card.
luv
Debby

~jan said...

So sweet, from the image to the colors to the patterns-all of it just right!

slinkycat said...

gorgeous image, I love what you have done with her and loving your funky flowers :)

Leanne x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Kerri,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Cheryl said...

I absolutely ADORE this one Kerri! Awesome colors and coloring job on her..I've always been drawn to the denim/red color combo! What a sweet card!

Hope your wee-ones GET WELL SOON! : )

Linda said...

Very nice, hon. Love the way you colored the image and your choice of papers. Really striking!

Give the kids a love for me.

Hugs, Mom

Unknown said...

So beautiful card! I love the image and the flowers. Thanks for sharing :)

Sandra said...

Gorgeous card,such a cute image and a great take on our sketch this week...thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday...

Take care
San x

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

AMAZING coloring Kerri, love love love it!!!! I have this paper on order and can't wait to get it. Love those flowers too.

Sorry the little one's are sick :( I hope they feel better soon, poor babies.

Elise said...

OMGosh! Wow! Your colouring is WONDERFUL! I love everything about your card! Thank you so much for joining us at BnW!

Hugs,
Elise

Jodi said...

She is gorgeous and so are your colors and pretty papers!! I hope the kids start to get better fast!
Thanks so much for joining us at Belles n' Whistles!
Hugs
Jodi=)

Michelle said...

Back to school and already sick?! What a bummer!!

Love the colors on this card...like the primary colors but not too bright....your coloring always amazes me...so much detail...just perfect!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Kerri!! I so love your coloring and layout. YOu are so talented GF!!

I am so sorry the kids are sick. I hope they feel better soon!
hugs,
Chris

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute card. Love the colors. Hope your children get well soon.

Stampvanwinkle said...

Kerri, This is just beautiful. Your coloring is wonderful. Thank you for sharing your talent.

I hope your precious ones are feeling better.

Blessings,

Deb

Elena said...

So sorry about the kids not feeling good... Sending you hugs and hope they will be feeling better soon!
Very very beautiful card, Kerri! Love the colors so much!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is so sweet. Darling flowers and beautiful coloring.

Alyssa S said...

Totally loving the layout, your amazing coloring, the papers you've paired and all those flowers!!

Follow Us @soratemplates