Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Color Throwdown #223!



Hello and Happy New Year!  I hope you had a wonderful holiday season!  I've had a very relaxing couple of weeks and have been crafting quite a bit which you will see over the next week or so:)  

With the new year comes a new Color Throwdown Challenge and this week Joan chose our beautiful inspiration picture!  I thought the colors were perfect for this PTI set Peaceful Pinecones which I had not had a chance to use yet~terrible I know!  Since the holidays are over, I decided to make a little birthday tag:


I just love this set!  Now I need to go find a rustic looking candle or something to attach this tag to.  Wouldn't that be cute?  The sentiment comes from the PTI set Trendy Tree Tops and I cut the little banner for the sentiment with one of the Your Next Stamp YNS Whatnots Seasons Set One Dies.  

We hope you'll play along with us this week!  Just link your projects to the Color Throwdown Blog HERE and while you're there, make sure you check out the rest of the DT's beautiful creations!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll come back tomorrow because I have a very special announcement that I'm so excited about!!!  Have a wonderful Wednesday:)

Kerri


9 comments:

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Happy New Year to you too! Your tag is beautiful.
Hugs Jacqueline

Denise Marzec said...

I think it would be perfect on a candle! I really need to get online and order that seeing spots EF already. I just love it and can't believe I haven't bought it yet. GREAT tag, Kerri!

Danni said...

Fabulous tag!!

Broni said...

What a wonderful birthday tag!! I love the pine cones and it would definitely look fabulous on a candle!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful little tag and I like the textured background. Again great set of colors for the challenge.

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE this rustic tag and yes - it would be perfect paired with a rustic candle! I think I need to go back and check out the PTI website, you enabler! :-)

Lynn Put said...

What a gorgeous gift tag! So much wonderful detail and texture within the space of a tag, it's fantastic! Love the pinecones popped up against the woodgrain circle!

dpkennedy said...

This is a great rustic tag that would also be a great masculine statement too! Love it!

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, how pretty....I love the pinecones you added and the texture in the background looks wonderful....beautifully done, Kerri!!!

Follow Us @soratemplates