Wednesday, October 20, 2010

You're Invited!


Hello!  I thought it would be fun to have a little invitation made up for the next time my daughter wants a friend to spend the night:)  I used this super adorable and perfect image for this called Lili's Slumber Party by Inky Impressions.  Isn't she a doll!?  I really wanted to use some soft girly colors, so I pulled out my October Afternoon Fly A Kite dp for my color inspiration.  The sentiment comes from the PTI set Round & Round.  Here is a close up of sweet Lili:



My daughter turned 6 last week, and we had her birthday party on Saturday.  This year we had it at a park and the day couldn't have been more perfect!  She fell in love with The Dog party supplies:



So for her party favors, each child got a Webkinz dog.  I found a variety of these on Ebay for a GREAT price!!!  I put them in a gift bag that I found at Target and attached a tag that I made:




I honestly have no idea who makes this stamp, but it's one I've had for about 12 years.  I bought it when I was into scrapbooking and I wanted to make a scrapbook page for my little Maltese:)  Here is a picture (althought it's not very good!) of my daughter about to blow out her candles. 



Notice the little cupcake stand that her cupcake is on?  I made that using the super fun Mini Cake Stand Template from Perfect Presentation found HERE!  Avery loved it!  The larger cupcake stand I found at Joanns.  You can decorate the way you want it.  I thought that was kind of fun, but it's definitely not the sturdiest thing around!

Well that's it for me today.  Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you have a fabulous hump day!

Kerri
Recipe:
Stamps:  Inky Impressions Lili's Slumber Party, PTI Round & Round
Paper:  PTI Vintage Cream, SU Pretty in Pink, October Afternoon Fly A Kite dp
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, PTI Aqua Mist
Accessories:  PTI Harvest Gold Ribbon, Large Scalloped Die, Oval Nestabilities, SU Word Window Punch, MFT Die-namics Flower Trio, Dimensionals, Sewing Machine, Rhinestones


15 comments:

cabio's craft corner said...

Very delightful card Kerri. Love the pretty coloring and the cute flowers.
Your daughter is so sweet. How cute of the goodie bags and the fun stamp for the tags. Cute!
Hugs,
Cabio

Michelle said...

I've never heard of this theme, but it makes me giggle...those lil' doggie plates and cut outs are so cute. That little cupcake stand - and the bigger one with the little dog paws are really fun too. My kids are big in to Webkinz too.

Stampvanwinkle said...

Kerri, I'm not sure who had more fun, you or your daughter :) Love your card, it is just perfect for a slumber party. Great colors and your coloring is awesome!!! Thanks for sharing.

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Happy Birthday to Avery!!! Awesome party favor bags and tags. The party in the park sounds like a lot of fun. And the cupcake stands and decorations look wonderful.

And I just adore your sleep over invite!! Super cute and I love the idea!!!

Hugs,
Wendy

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

What a cute card Kerri, so wonderful! And congratulations with your daughters birthday.
Hugs Jacqueline

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Oh so cute!!! You definetly could have made the other stand yourself too!

Lori said...

I love this stamp and what a cute invite idea! So sweet...
Gracie LOVES her Webkins puppy - great gift bag idea, too!

Alyssa S said...

How sweet! Love the soft girly colors on your card! So fun for your little one to be able to hand off such a pretty invitation :o)
Love the little cake stand too! Such fun!

Riet said...

This is so beautiful Kerri.
So gorgeous card,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Sparkplug17 said...

Such darling projects!

Jodi Collins said...

How SUPER cute that invite is and I LOOOOOOOVE the cupcake stand! I didn't know you have an Avery too!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Aw!! Your daughter is darling!! Looks like the party was a success.

Lili looks amazing Kerri!! Your coloring rocks gf!! Gorgeous layout and design!
hugs,
Chris

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Love the sweet card and looks like she had a great bday!!

Elena said...

Wow! You are the best Mom, Kerri! Love the invitation! Love, love the cupcake stand!
Thank you so much for sharing a Birthday Girl picture!
When Sergei was younger he had Webkinz pets too!

Stacy Morgan said...

Holoy smokes you are a mom that goes all out! I bet she had a blast. You are very creative and thoughtful to find and do all these things for your DD. What a great mom. I love the pj card. Just adorable.

Follow Us @soratemplates