Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Taylored Expressions May Studio Challenge




Hello!  It's time for the Baker's Dozen Studio Challenge. This is a monthly opportunity for the Taylored Expressions DT to share what makes our stamping studios hum. Each month we have a fun, crafty question so we can share our favorites, some tips and tricks, stamping advice and more.

The question for May is:
What is your favorite time of the year? Some of us love the sunshine and heat of summer, while some of us long for the crisp cool air of fall. Do spring flowers make your heart sing or is it snow and the smell of pine needles that makes you jolly?

Tell us about your favorite month or season and also tell us about your favorite time of year to stamp.

You can probably tell from my snippet that I love FALL!  I love the earthy colors of fall, and if I could own every pumpkin image on the stamping market I probably would:)  Growing up, I used to hate fall because I lived in Wyoming, and fall meant that the ground would be frozen for the next 9 months LOL!  Now that we live in Florida, I look forward to the somewhat cooler temperatures!  I also just love that fall is the start of the holidays.  Such a fun season!

For my project today, I created 3 calendar pages using the TE 2013 6x6 Dated Calendar Download which you can find HERE.  Taylor also has the 2014 Download available which is perfect for creating gifts!


For my September page I used the fun Made in the Shade Stamp Set along with dies from the Sunny Days Stamp Set with Coordinating Dies.  I stamped the image twice and cut the pumpkins out so I could pop them up for some dimension.



For my October page I used another one of the Made in the Shade images and added a haunted house from the Oh What a Holiday Set.



For my November page I used the Made in the Shade set once again, and added a cloud from the Sunny Days Stamp Set with Coordinating Dies.  Once again, I stamped the image twice, and cut out the front house so I could pop it up for dimension.


I'm also REALLY looking forward to fall this year because we will be all moved in to our new home~YAY!  First, I've just got to survive the summer with bored kiddos in a small house-yikes.  

Make sure you check out the rest of the Baker's Dozen blogs to see more fun calendar projects!  Thank you so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day:)


Charmaine Ikach
Jen Shults
Kerri Michaud
Sankari Wegman
Shannon White
Shelly Mercado
Stephanie Kraft
Tammie Edgerton
Taylor VanBruggen
Wanda Guess

Kerri
Recipe:
Stamps:  Made in the Shade, Oh What a Holiday
Paper:  White, Black, Orange, Red cs
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics
Accessories:  TE 2013 6x6 Dated Calendar Download, Sunny Days Stamp Set with Coordinating Dies, Sewing Machine, Foam Squares


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE your pages!! The landscape stamps are perfect! You're a genius! All of them are gorgeous. I love Fall too! :-)

Jodi Collins said...

These are SUPER cute!!! LOVE each and every one!!!

Riet said...

This is so gorgeous Kerri.

Hugs Riet.xx

Unknown said...

Wonderful, Kerri! Love all these sweet fall scenes - honestly cannot pick a favorite as they are all fabulous!

Shannon White said...

Aww, These are soo Fabulous Kerri! Love all Fun Fall scene's you created and super combo of sets and dies! Love them All! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Sankari W. said...

holy moly! I love the way you mixed and matched sets and created an awesome trio of fall creations!! so beautiful and so so perfect!! And congratulations on the new house! YAY! (and I hear you about surviving the summer with bored kiddos!) Beautiful creations!

Tricia T said...

It is SO fun to see everyone's calendars! What a great challenge!

Tricia

Natalie @Natflix&Books said...

I love this! I'd like a calender for my desk, please! I love fall colors, too.

Natalie said...

Love the scenes you've created, especially the September page. I think Sept. is my fav month weather-wise here in northern Calif.

Janis said...

Love your September page with the pumpkins ripening in the sunshine. I love that month, also. Days are still warm but nights are nippy.

Isabel Z said...

Absolutely stunning creations. I love the month of June when it's still not to hot and the school year is winding down--looking ahead to lazy summer days with my kids. I love to stamp in any season:-)

ThatGirl said...

Love this Calendar!! My favorite season is the fall. Love the colors, love Halloween!! I enjoy stamping in the fall also, when its starting to get cold.

Follow Us @soratemplates