Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Color Throwdown #209


I can't tell you how happy this photo makes me:)  I just LOVE FALL!!!  We really don't have a fall in Florida, but that doesn't stop me from pulling out my pumpkins and leaves, and sunflowers, and cinnamon pumpkin candles, and scarecrows, etc.:)  Lynn picked out our gorgeous colors this week, and this is what I came up with:


I used this gorgeous wreath from the Verve set Harvest Blessings and the leaves are from the same set.  The sunflower is from the PTI Simple Sunflower Stamp Set with coordinating dies.  The sentiment comes from the PTI set Fall Elegance, and I used the Deconstructed Sketch #68 for my layout.  

Make sure you check out the Color Throwdown Blog to see the rest of the stunning DT creations and to link your projects!  Thank you so much for stopping by and have a wonderful Wednesday!

Kerri
Recipe:
Stamps:  PTI Simple Sunflower, Fall Elegance, Verve Harvest Blessings
Paper:  My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline Dilly Dally
Ink:  SU Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Really Rust, PTI Summer Sunrise, Copics
Accessories:  Gingham Ribbon, Circle Nestabilities, MFT Die-namics Medium Scallop Border Die, Sewing Machine, Tim Holtz Distress Tool, Button, Foam Squares


9 comments:

Tracey said...

What a beautiful card! Such fabulous colours!

Lynn Put said...

Oh-my-word, this is fabulous Kerri!!! You totally nailed this week's colors and inspiration photo, your card is beautiful! The wood back ground, the wreath, the sunflower with leaves...I love it!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Kerri.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lori said...

Gorgeous, Kerri! The wooodgrain patterned paper is the perfect match for these warm fall colors.

Broni said...

This is THE most perfect card based on the great inspiration photo!! Love your wreath and sunflower!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, you not only took the wreath idea but you really rocked the colors! LOVE this card! P.S. He did it...he did it - lol!! I nearly went to bed and missed the end of the race, but so glad I stayed up! :-)

Denise Marzec said...

Love that you used that grey wood grain pattern in the background. You totally ROCKED that inspiration pic! WTG, Kerri!

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, what a gorgeous design!!!!! I looove the woodgrained paper in the background and how pretty is that wreath!!! I agree with all the above, Kerri...you did an awesome job with the colors and the inspiration photo!!!!

Amy Sheffer said...

I used your gorgeous card as inspiration for my Diva Dare project today. Credit given, of course :) Thank you for sharing your beautiful work, Kerri!

Follow Us @soratemplates