Thursday, October 15, 2009

Divine Divas Inspiration Challenge #14!

Hello! It's time for another Divine Divas Inspiration Challenge! Our inspiration this week is this gorgeous piece of fabric!

 Here is my card:

I tried to incorporate the colors and some flowers from the fabric into my card.  I really like the pops of blue in this color combo!  I also used zigzag stitching and the ric-rac based off of the squiggly lines in the fabric. 
I decided to use the tree image for this week's Saturday Spotlight Challenge to decorate a tree.  The sketch is Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #43.  Thank you so much for stopping by today, and make sure you check out the other Diva's fabulous creations!

Kerri
Recipe:
Stamps:  SU Branch Out, PTI Autumn Elegance
Paper:  Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, PTI Summer Sunrise, Chocolate Chip, Sweet Always DSP~retired
Ink:  Not Quite Navy, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, PTI Summer Sunrise, Soft Sky
Accessories:  Sewing Machine, Kaisercraft Chocolate Pearls, Square Nestabilities, Oval and Scalloped Oval Punches, EK Success Retro Flower Punches, Textile CB Folder, Ric-rac, Dimensionals


17 comments:

Crystal said...

Kerri WOW I just LOVE your tree, colors, and flowers!!! Gorgeus!

Stacy Morgan said...

Perfect take on the piece. Your tree looks wonderful and great primas in the corner.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kerri!! Holy cow lady!! What a goreous tree!! LOVE the pretty Fall colors and the tree itself is sooo very pretty!! :) Awesome layout too!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Saturday Spotlight!! We sure enjoy seeing what you create!! HUGS

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is just wonderful, Kerri! I love the tree and flowers around the frame. Just beautiful!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Kerri! How clever of you to use rickrack to simulate the wavy lines!!! I love the colors, and your tree is FABULOUS!! Great job!!

Lori Rider said...

Wow, this is just lovely! The ric-rac was such a great idea. I love it. Your colors and tree and flowers and DP are all so wonderful together.

Cheryl said...

It's fabulous! Love your color combo, those embossed flowers and oh yeah...that tree is gorgeous! Awesome job girl!

Darlene said...

Absolutely beautiful fall creation! LOVE how you've "dressed up" your tree! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Saturday Spotlight!! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your creations in the weeks to come! Great job!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Kerri!! I just love your take on the inspiration and your dressed up tree for the Saturday Spotlight!! Wow!! The layout and design is incredible my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Dawn B. said...

Kerri this is so pretty.. I love the colors you chose.. That paper looks just like your dp. Great job.

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful tree -- those Fall colors are perfect! Thanks for playing along in this week's Saturday Spotlight challenge!!

Maria Matter said...

Another beautiful card Kerri! Great job!!!!
I'm so glad you played along with us this week at Sat. Spotlight!
Blessings, Maria

Maylee said...

Wow! Kerri, this is gorgeous!

Laura.K said...

Wow. I love your tree and the colors. Very very pretty.

Rebecca said...

I hope you don't get sick of my saying this, but once again I just love the stitching on here. The colors are so great together. I really like the flowers having some texture to them. It's a great finishing touch.

Elena said...

You do amazing cards for the inspiration challenge! I love the colors of the card!

Donna said...

I'm a bit late commenting on the Thursday's challenge (tough week), but I didn't want to miss out on telling you how much I LOVE THIS CARD! Gorgeous!

Follow Us @soratemplates