Thursday, June 17, 2010

Embellish Labels Color Challenge

Hello again!  I really wanted to play along with the current Embellish Magazine Color Challenge, so today I found some time:)  I really like this color combo!  Here's what I came up with:


I used the adorable balloons from the PTI set Up, Up, and Away, and a sentiment from the PTI set Spiral Bouquet.  For my label, I cut the sentiment out with one of my Spellbinders Fancy Tags.  I then sponged around the sentiment using Berry Sorbet.  The yellow panel was embossed with my CB Argyle folder, and the white oval with my CB D'vine Swirls folder.  I also stamped one of the clouds from Up, Up, and Away with Brillance Moonlight White, cut it out, and added some Stardust Stickles around the edge. 

I hope you like my take:)  Thank you so much for stopping by!

Kerri
Recipe:
Stamps:  PTI Up, Up, and Away, Spiral Bouquet
Paper:  PTI Dark Chocolate,  Lemon Tart, White
Ink:  PTI Dark Chocolate, Berry Sorbet, SU So Saffron
Accessories:  Spellbinders Fancy Tags, Kaisercraft Chocolate Pearls, Sewing Machine, CB D'vine Swirls and Argyle embossing folders, Oval Nestabilities, PTI Balloon Die, Dimensionals, Stardust Stickles


18 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

Nancy L. said...

love your card!! i also love this color combo!

Unknown said...

This is delightful! so pretty!

Betty Wright said...

Kerri, these colors are fabulous and you created a fantastic card using them! Love the dominance of the yellow with touches of the coral! Great looking card!

cabio's craft corner said...

As pretty as a fairytale. Love the cute stamps and the layout design :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Magnificent! Thanks for reminding me I have that set and haven't used the balloon portion of it yet! LOL I was so impatient to get this set and have barely touched it.

Elena said...

Gorgeous, love the colors too! Really like the embossing and beautiful tag! Amazing take on this challenge, Kerri!

Maile Belles said...

What a pretty card, great use of the colors and fab design! So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge.

Stacy Morgan said...

Super fresh and cute! Love the balloons, very sweet.

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Wonderful card Kerri! The balloons are so sweet.

Alyssa S said...

What a fabulous card! Your pairing of the embossing folders works really well. I love this set so much...now if I could just find the time to play with it!

Michelle said...

You always have the bestest textures...with your impression/embossing plates....and stitching....and the little shimmer around the edge of the cloud. Fun stuff - - that taggie is really pretty too.

Anonymous said...

Great use of textures on this balloon card, I also REALLY like the surf board card!

Crystal said...

Oh my word girl this is WONDERFUL!!! I LOVE those hot air balloons and your colors...The texture is GREAT GF!! enjoy your weekend!

Charlene Austin said...

This is FABULOUS!

Jodi said...

Such a very pretty card!! I love these colors and those pretty hot air balloons too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Still want this PTI set because of you!! :) And now I need the CB Argyle embossing folder too!!! LOL
Awesome card Kerri.

Rebecca said...

This is so pretty! I love the colors together, and your combined embossing folders. You can mix and match in a way I am envious of, because nothing turns out like this when I try to do it ;) Oh, well, I can keep looking and loving what I see here!

Follow Us @soratemplates