Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Verve-y Father's Day!

Hello!  I finally sat down today and made a Father's Day card for my dad.  My dad is a pastor at a church that is right on the beach.  The sanctuary has huge windows, and while you are sitting in there you can see out to the ocean~gorgeous!!!  He's really trimmed down in the last couple of years and one of his favorite things to do is to walk on the beach:) 

For my card I used the Verve set Relax for the palm tree and surf boards.  The sentiment is a Verve Plain Jane.  The dp is Best Creation Inc and it's called Surf's Up.  I matted the dp with some Night of Navy cs, added some stitching, the twine, and some pearls to the palm tree and called it good:)  The sketch is from this week's Friday Sketchers.  This is also for this week's A Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge~Enjoying the Sunshine.

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I'm feeling a little better, so hopefully this cold won't get too bad.  Have a wonderful afternoon:)

Kerri
Recipe:
Stamps:  Verve Relax, Father's Day Plain Jane
Paper:  PTI white, SU Night of Navy, Best Creation Inc Surf's Up dp, Kraft
Ink:  Night of Navy, Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Kiwi Kiss, PTI Aqua Mist
Accessories:  Pearls, PTI Twine, Sewing Machine, Rectangle Nestabilities, Dimensionals

10 comments:

Crystal said...

AWW Glad to hear you are feeling better Kerri!!! Your card is wonderful I LOVE the colors and how you did the sand with the surf boards! How fun and creative girl!!!!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Fantastic card! I'm so behind on my blog hopping--I've been to busy lately! The stuff you've been making rocks!

Rebecca said...

Love that dp, and your layout is fabulous. The tree and the layers of sand are so cool!!!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a fun and tropical card! Wish I were there, lol.

cabio's craft corner said...

Lovely summery theme card for Father's day Kerri! Those cheerful color scheme is fantastic!
Hugs,
Cabio

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Wonderful summer card! I love the colours and the lay out!
Hugs Jacqueline

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Great Paper as ALWAYS!!! I love the pearls on the palm tree....so clever!! Your dad is going to LOVE IT!!

Glad your starting to feel better!! :)

Elena said...

Your father will love this card! Great choice of the papers! And what a beautiful beach scene you created! Love those pearls you added to the palm tree!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is so cool! The sand look great and creative idea. Your stitching makes me want to try again... nah... lol

Alyssa S said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better!
This card is awesome! My favorite part?? It's a toss up between the layout, the twine and the coconuts!

Follow Us @soratemplates