Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Couple of Verve Projects!


Hello!  I hope you are having a wonderful weekend so far:)  I'm really excited because for Christmas my hubby gave me the new Canon Rebel T2i camera, and a REALLY nice professional lens.  I've been playing around with it, but don't really know how to use it, so, I signed up for the Oh Shoot Class on the Jessica Sprague site HERE.  I'm so excited AND my hubby let me order a new 50mm lens today, since she recommends having one of those, and several friends have told us how wonderful it is for portraits and low light:)  I'm soooooo EXCITED!!!  You will probably be seeing a lot more photos on my blog in the weeks ahead...

Ok, onto my cards:)  For my first card, a friend of mine asked if I could make a sympathy card for her, so I pulled out my trusty Verve set Forever in Our Hearts.  I just love the sentiments in this set.  I really wanted to stamp some pretty flowers for the larger panel, but nothing would look quite the way I wanted to, so I decided to use some pretty dp instead:)  This is Basic Grey Sultry and I just think it's so pretty.  The base of the card is SU Pink Pirouette, and the ribbon is PTI Simply Chartreuse. 



My next card is the card I had posted on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog today.  I had a short tutoral on how I made my bow using this GORGEOUS Sheer Ruffle Edge White Ribbon by May Arts, along with some fabulous Cotton Candy Baker's Twine.  I used the Verve set Kind Words and some Echo Park Paper Co. Be Mine dp (yes, I finally broke down and bought some LOL:) 

Thank you so much for stopping by and for all of your kind comments!  I know I have been a little busy lately.  I have been putting in a lot of time at the gym and my daughter's gymnastics and soccer keeps us really busy as well.  Not to mention my incredibly active 3 y.o.!  He is ALL BOY LOL!  My 8 y.o. special needs son is the easiest of the bunch:)  Have a great Sunday!

Kerri



16 comments:

Chrissy said...

Hi! Kerri,Love the verse on the first card it's gorgeous. It is one of those stamps when you just dont know what to say and that card says it all.
Love the bow on the second card, my biggest hurdle with card making, but getting there slowly.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Wanda Cullen said...

Both cards are gorgeous, Kerri! I love Verve's sentiments and fonts and you've highlighted them so beautifully! Wow, you sound like a really busy mom! Don't know how you get all your great cards made like you do! :-)

Sylvia Blum said...

WOW Kerri, two wonderful cards! It's always such a pleasure and inspiration to visit your blog! Thanks for sharing all of your talent with us blog readers all over the world!
And I'm wishing you lots of fun with your new lens and the JS workshop (wish I could have signed up for this one, too.. but it's too expensive)
Looking forward to seeing even more wonderful pictures of your work here on your blog :) :) :)
Have a wonderful weeken!
{hugs} Sylvia

Elena said...

Gorgeous cards, Kerri!
What a wonderful husband you have! It is great when your second half understands you about your hobby! :) I am very glad that you are going to have JS classes!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Kerri!! These cards are gorgeous!! I just love the sentiments and designs. The first one is perfect for the occasions when you just don't know what to say.

The JS class sounds fun!! Isn't it wonderful when our husband's understand us and our hobbies.

hugs,
Chris

SemSee said...

Oh WOW! Beautiful cards, Kerri! I love how you've used the BG DP in the first card! And LOL at finally succumbing to the EP paper! :o) I'm trying SO hard not to buy it, but it's almost impossible when I see your card!! Hugs, Sem x

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Both are perfection! I know all about life keeping you busy...I have 2 in Girl Scouts and cookie time is crazy. LOL

BethieJ said...

Kerri both cards are BEAUTIFUL!!! Have FUN with your new camera and lens!!!! How EXCITING!!
Have a GREAT day!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Both are gorgeous! The floral PP makes the perfect panel in the first and the addition of the butterflies is such a great touch on each.

Sparkplug17 said...

What lovely cards!

Anonymous said...

Kerri, both of your creations are so fun and sweet!! Hope you had a great weekend!!HUGS

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Beautiful cards Kerri! Wonderful sketches and sentiments!
Hugs Jacqueline

Stampvanwinkle said...

Hi Kerri,

Sorry that I have been away so long. Life just seems to get in the way sometimes.

Your cards are just lovely. I really love your color combination. Your embellishments are perfect. Great work sweetie.

Have a great day.

Hugs and Blessings,
Deb

Stacy Morgan said...

Both of these are so spring filled and pretty! Spending time with your family always is the best choice I have found out. Glad you are getting some stamping time in though.

runzalot81 said...

These cards so beautiful. I love the stitching and the pp.

Alyssa S said...

These are both so soft and pretty! The pink and grey is quite possibly my new fave color combo - just gorgeous!!

Follow Us @soratemplates