Thursday, March 5, 2009

Tea Box

Ever since I saw this tutorial on Holly McMillen's blog, I've been wanting to make one of these adorable tea boxes!!! This past weekend I found this stamp set~Tea For Two by My Favorite Things~at a local stamp store, and I snatched it up : ) I just love this image, and the little mouse is just as sweet! I followed Holly's tutorial using Almost Amethyst for my box, and So Saffron for my lid. After I added the scallops, I ran the top through my Swiss Dots CB Folder. This was a two step process to get the whole thing embossed, so I had to be careful to line it up correctly. I added the ribbon to the top, but only to 3 sides, because I found if you wrap it all the way around, the top doesn't open properly. I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, colored it with Copics, and cut it out. I cut the dp from SU Tea Party (how appropriate, huh?) with my Labels One Nestabilities, then popped my image up on foam squares. I stamped the sentiment, cut around it with my paper trimmer, and sponged Almost Amethyst along the edges. That was it! Thank you Holly for the wonderful tutorial! I can't wait to fill this up with some tea bags, and give it to someone special!

Kerri

6 comments:

Devon said...

So super cute! Yet another idea for me to play with!

jacque4u2c said...

Great job! Just adorable!

Michelle said...

You and your patience and bravery for taking on things like this - man, girl...this is awesome! Great image with the little booty hanging out the top of the tea cup - LOL - great colors...have to look at what I have that's light purple and yellow...hmmm...

Dawn said...

ack!! this is adorable!!

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

I would love a tea!

This is soooooo sweeeeeet!

Love the bunnies!

Cheers,

Dorothy

Linda said...

This turned out really cute!

Follow Us @soratemplates