Sunday, March 15, 2009

TECC59

Hello! I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend! Some friend of ours came into town yesterday, and we had a fun night out~just adults! It's been a LONG time since my husband and I had a date night and it was fabulous : ) We went out to dinner, and sat outside because it was a perfect evening, then we put on our dancing shoes and went clubbing! Super fun! Today was all about the family, and we went to church, then walked to a nearby park where they were having a fair. My feet hurt now, but at least I got some exercise!

Anyway, I made this card for this week's Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge. This is the first time I've participated in one of Taylor's challenges, but I really liked the sketch this week, and thought I would give it a try! I inked up my SU Friends 24-7 set for the first time. I stamped the image twice, cut one of the birds out, and the second one I cut the bird and the branch. I popped the first bird up on top of the other bird with foam squares. I used my CB Textile folder to emboss the circle panel. The dp is SU Parisian Breeze DSP. Isn't it gorgeous! I added the scalloped border with my SU Scallop Border Punch and the ribbon and pearls. Thanks for stopping by!

Kerri

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh this is pretty, Kerri...could be OK for a man too, I think? The colors and the bird work for a Father's Day kinda thing - I like that. Sounds like you're having a great weekend - good for you!

Heidi Kilgore said...

This is so pretty Kerri. I love blue and brown together , and I agree the SU! Parisian Breeze paper is ultra yummy. Glad you had a fun evening last night. It is good to get out once and a while.

Hugs,

Heidi

Follow Us @soratemplates