Saturday, December 18, 2010

Love Birds


Hello!  I want to apologize for being a horrible blogger this week!  My little 3 y.o. has been really sick with a fever and not sleeping well, therefore, the rest of the house has not been sleeping well.  Turns out he has Strep Throat so he is now on antibiotics and doing better:)  I'm just praying the rest of the house doesn't come down with it!  I really want to have a healthy Christmas break! 

I thought it would be fun to create a sweet little Valentine for today.  I just adore these images from the My Cute Stamps set Elegant Birds.  I decided to use both birds from this set and make them look like little love birds:)  The dp is PTI Simple Valentine and I used some fabulous Cotton Candy Baker's Twine from Really Reasonable Ribbon to hang the cage and to tie my tag to my button.  This GORGEOUS show stopper sheer ribbon is some Sheer White Organza w/ Satin Edge and Silver Accents.  Don't you just LOVE IT!!!  It's super inexpensive and oh so BEAUTIFUL!!!  I used Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #104 for my layout.

I hope you have a wonderful Saturday!  I'm going to try to finish up my Christmas cards and get them sent out (yes I am waaaay behind with everything this year!)  Thank you so much for stopping by!

Kerri
Recipe:
Stamps:  My Cute Stamps Elegant Birds, PTI Tiny Treats: Valentine
Paper:  Pure Poppy, PTI Simple Valentine dp
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Pure Poppy for sponging
Accessories:  RRR Cotton Candy Baker's Twine, Sheer White Organza w/ Satin Edge and Silver Accents, Spellbinders Tags Trio, PTI Raspberry Fizz Button, Sewing Machine, Nestabilities Labels 8, Dimensionals. Martha Stewart Heart Border Punch

10 comments:

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Super sweet and so wonderful. What a lovely colours!
Hugs Jacqueline

Alyssa S said...

Beautiful card! Love all your little details! Hope your little guy gets to feeling better soon and that the bug stays away from the whole fam!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love your Valentine card with this adorable image! That border punch from Martha is one of my faves! Hope your little one gets well soon!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Ooh, the dreaded strep throat! My oldest daughter got it so much we had her tonsils removed and she hasn't had it since. I hope no one else gets sick.

I love this card and have this stamp set and you make me want to pull it out and play with it!

Elena said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card, Kerri!
Sorry to hear about your little one... Hope he feels better soon!

Sparkplug17 said...

What a darling card! Hope your son gets better soon!

Rebecca said...

So sorry your little one isn't feeling well!

Your card is gorgeous! I love the way you colored your little birds. And the white heart border really helps the red to pop!

cabio's craft corner said...

Too sweet and adorable card. The recipient is going to feel the love!!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Pam said...

Oh how I hate the nasty strep! I think my DHubs has it too! Hope you all can be singing like these sweet love birds again soon.

Stacy Morgan said...

Darling darling... Great card. I hope your little one is feeling better and you all are healthy and reasted.

Follow Us @soratemplates