Thursday, September 15, 2011

Reading Makes You Wise



Hello!  For the last couple of weeks, the ABC Toys and Crafts DT has been showing off fun Back To School Projects on the ABC Design Team Blog.  For my project today, I thought I would make a fun little bookmark (because you know I love to make them:)

Now that school's back in session, the reading homework has begun! I pulled out this darling owl from the My Cute Stamps Set Little Forest Friends ~so perfect for a bookmark!  I stamped the owl with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored him with Copics. I used a Nestabilities Labels 10 Die to cut out my bookmark along with some Echo Park Paper Co. Country Drive dp. The top of the bookmark was embossed with the PTI woodgrain impression plate and I added a pretty punched border with the Martha Stewart Doily Lace Border Punch. The branch that the owl is perched on is also from the My Cute Stamps Little Forest Friends Set and a little ribbon and baker's twine finished it off!



I hope you've enjoyed our Back To School Projects these last couple of weeks!  There is still time to play along with the Back To School Challenge HERE and don't forget that you get

10% OFF EVERYDAY and CLEAR STAMP SETS SHIP FREE IN THE US!!!

Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful Thursday!

Kerri
Recipe:
Stamps: My Cute Stamps Forest Friends
Paper: PTI Dark Chocolate, Hawaiian Shores, Echo Park Paper Co. Country Drive dp
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics
Accessories: Martha Stewart Doily Lace Border Punch, Nestabilities Labels 10, Circle Nestabilities, PTI Woodgrain Impression Plate, Ribbon, Baker's Twine, Foam Squares

8 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Girl, this project knocks my socks off! You are the queen of bookmarks and I bow down before your awesomeness!

g said...

i LOVE this! so darling & sure to bring a smile whenever it's used!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

I agree with LA, you are the queen! Super duper cute :>) I still need to make one or two for my DD. Last night I gave her a piece of ribbon to use for a bookmark...bad mom :>)

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh this is darling!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Kerri you make the BEST bookmarks!! I bet your kids love to read!! :) I LOVE the shape of this and will have to keep that in mind the next time I do a bookmark.

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

What a sweet and wonderful bookmark Kerri. I love the papers and the shape.
Hugs Jacqueline

Crystal said...

AWWWWWW this is toooooo cute!!!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Just adorable! I'll have to remember to make a tag bookmark...its so cute!!

Follow Us @soratemplates