Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Valentine Birthday

Ok, this one I was supposed to make : ) A friend asked me to make a card for a friend of hers who's birthday is on valentine's day. I also decided to incorporate this week's OCC challenge to make a card that has 2 or more hearts on it. I thought this Balloonabella from Stamping Bella was perfect! Balloons remind me of birthdays, plus it has the whole heart/valentine vibe going too! I used SU Bella Rose DSP and the cs is Ruby Red, Pink Pirouette, and WW. I paper pieced her dress and the balloons, cut out the balloons and popped them up on dimensionals. I added a straight stitch around the perimeter and pink brads to the corners. I punched out the lacy border with my favorite Martha Stewart border punch. Thank you so much for stopping by!

Kerri

6 comments:

debra said...

Fantastic lloking card love the colours and everything about it, think i will have to invest in some of these Bella stamps.
Debra xx

Linda said...

This makes a really nice Valentine birthday card!

Norine said...

what a sweet card
Hugs
Norine

Shirley said...

She is so pretty and cute too! Ready for the big party!

Shirley said...

Hi Kerri, I looked for an email me on your sidebar and couldn't find one. I was wondering if you knew you could actually have your comments on your designs brought up in a separate window so the viewer can see it while writing what they like about it. Your cards are so pretty.

If you go to:
1. Your Dashboard page
2. Click on Settings tab
3. Click on Comments tab:
4. Go down to Comment Form Placement
5. Choose "Pop Up Window"
6. Click on Save Settings at the bottom of the page.

I apologize if I have overstepped my boundaries, Jane, with this suggestion. I just thought we are all so busy that some people may not have noticed it. I hadn't until I kept seeing other blogs with it and liked the convenience of it. I also am doing a poll on my site and so far the "Pop Up Window" has it. My comments have also increased since doing it this way.

Shirley

Michelle said...

Oh I love that little opening for the ribbon to go through - need to get me one of those punches! This is so sweet....little foofy pink dress and those adorable balloons! What a precious card!

Follow Us @soratemplates