Friday, January 16, 2009

Simple Valentine

This is for today's Limited Supplies Challenge on SCS to make a simple valentine. All the rules can be found here:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=411544

I used my new stamp set from Verve called Hearts On Fire. Isn't it gorgeous!?! I stamped the background heart with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and popped the filagree heart that I stamped with Real Red on top. I cut out the envelope with my Cricut using the New Arrival cartridge. The size was set to 2 1/2". I ran that through the Swiss Dots CB Folder. The pink layer was embossed with the Textile CB Folder. I stamped the sentiment also from Verve and cut it out using a Shapeabilities Ribbon Tag Die. Using the die as a mask, I sponged it with Pretty In Pink. I added the ribbon and brads, and it was complete! Pretty simple. Thanks for stopping by, and have a great weekend!

Kerri

3 comments:

Denise said...

Pretty card, I like the embossing.

Michelle said...

I love what you did with putting the heart up and the squirly outline behind it - don't be surprised if you see me do that - heh. Love this card though - it's simple and elegant at the same time; gotta love Verve that way!

Michelle said...

You got a new header - you go, girl! Love the little buttons in the corners - make it look like a crafty site! Isn't blogging a good time? Who cares if we don't have 50 people coming by....it's fun to share our stuff and even "create" our blog!

Follow Us @soratemplates