Monday, January 19, 2009

Viva La Verve Week 3

This is for the 3rd week of Viva La Verve. Amber came up with another awesome sketch!!! The twist this week was to use some pink~which I used plenty of! I used my gorgeous Hearts On Fire set from Verve once again : ) The dp is SU Sweet Always DSP which I can't get enough of! I stamped the hearts from Verve with Regal Rose ink, and popped them up onto Chocolate Chip punched circles. I added a straight stitch around the card, and brads to the corners. The middle panel is some shimmery pink cs that I ran through the D'vine Swirls CB folder. I made the scalloped border using the SU Scalloped Border Punch. I added the bow to the corner, and it was done! Sounds simple, but I actually played with this card for about 3 hours! Anyway, hope you like the outcome, and thanks for stopping by!

Kerri

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Not a fan of pink and brown together on clothes - I never got that. But I do love it on cards - LOL This is so cute...that dot DP is adorable. Great job with this challenge!

debb said...

Hi Kerri- Beautiful card! I know what you mean when a card takes hours-sometimes I can take days to get the right look. Currently I blame it on the cold weather and think my creativity goes into freeze mode! I love the color combination! I enjoy your blog. debb

Shirley said...

How very pretty! I like how you layered it and the hearts and the embossed background is just wonderful! The tag is really creative and I like the brown brads too!

Follow Us @soratemplates