Monday, January 26, 2009

Whimsy February Guest Designer Call

Whimsy Stamps is looking for a February guest designer! Details can be found here

We were to follow a sketch found on Denise's blog and our image was supposed to be an animal image. Unfortunately I do not have any Whimsy stamps but I'm hoping to change that soon!

I used this cute little duck from Darcies, stamped him twice, cut him out, and popped him up on foam squares. I colored him in with Copic markers then added Glossy Accents to his bill and feet. I added some Stickles around the outline of the egg. I stamped the sentiment and punched it out with a circle punch. I sponged it with So Saffron and layered it on the other circle punches. I added a straight stitch around the perimeter of the card and brads to the corners. The dp is from SU Washington Apple DSP and the base of the card is Bashful Blue. Thank you so much for stopping by!

Kerri


6 comments:

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Awesome job with this sketch Kerri! Love all your details and the fun papers. Super cute image and I love the 3d effect. Thanks so much for trying out! :)

Michelle said...

Now that you've pointed out what a perfectionist you are, I can totally see how flawless your cards are - what a cutie this one is!

Norine said...

oh this is super cute love the ducky and the papers
Hugs
Norine

Shirley said...

How precious and pretty too~! Love the color blue you used and the other colors go great with it too! I love your blog and will definitely be back. You are so talented. I am going to follow and please feel free to follow me too if you like!

Miss Molly said...

Your cards are absolutely amazing! So glad that Michelle sent me your way from her blog - ain't she great!!

Linda said...

Kerri, this card is really cute! Love the duck, the colors, the 3-D. Great job! Love ya,

Follow Us @soratemplates