Saturday, January 10, 2009

Viva La Verve Week 2

Happy Saturday! Hope you're having a great weekend so far! Today I made a card for week two of Viva La Verve. Amber created another awesome sketch for us to use! The twist this week was to add some bling. I added 3 little rhinestones on my butterfly~not much but it counts, right? I used these pretty silhouettes from Verve's Abundant Blessings set, stamped them with Chocolate Chip ink, then stamped off (I think that's what it's called) to create the lighter images. I distressed the edges of my More Mustard and Very Vanilla layers with the Tim Holtz distressing tool, and added a zigzag stitch around the perimeter. Then I ran that through the Swiss Dots folder. I punch my butterfly out of Baja Breeze, and found this Martha Stewart ribbon that was close in color to make my bow. I cut the corner filagree out with my Cricut Home Accents cartridge. I added brown brads to the corners, distressed the sentiment and image panel with Ranger Tea Dye Distress Ink and popped them up on dimensionals. I hope you like it and thanks for stopping by!

Kerri

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh this is soooo pretty. You went NICE with the bling instead of TACKY - LOL Good call. Very elegant!

Follow Us @soratemplates